Houston Oil & Gas Industry Injury Lawyers
Helping energy workers when they’re injured on the job in Texas
Oil and gas workers are at constant risk of injuries or death. The work is often grueling. The hours are long. Even when employers are safety-conscious, workers can suffer a catastrophic injury, a back-breaking injury, or an injury that requires a long time to heal. Common oil and gas injuries include blast injuries, vehicle accidents, falls, pipeline accidents, and more.
The good news is that if you are injured during the scope of your employment, while visiting a worksite, in a collision with an oil or gas truck, or for any other reason related to negligence, you have rights. Kishinevsky Law Firm can help you. Contact our worksite injury lawyers in Houston today to learn more.
Your questions, answered
- What kinds of Houston oil and gas workers does your firm represent?
- What are the different kinds of oil and gas industry accidents?
- What types of oil and gas injuries do you handle?
- Can a file a personal injury claim if I’m injured at work in Houston?
- Do you have an oil and gas industry injury lawyer near me?
What kinds of Houston oil and gas workers does your firm represent?
Oil and gas exploration, production, and distribution jobs are all very dangerous. Our Houston worksite accident lawyers are strong advocates for all employees who are injured while helping our country with its energy supply. Some of the oil and gas workers we represent include floorhands (roustabouts or roughnecks) who do the cleanup work around the oil rig, motormen who make sure the equipment (including the drill equipment engine) runs properly, derrickmen, and drillers.
At Kishinevsky Law Firm, our injury lawyers work with oil and gas workers involved in all stages of energy development, including:
- Upstream workers who look for oil and gas reserves through the use of sophisticated AI and computer-based machines and equipment, along with a lot of physical labor to set up and use the machines and equipment. The equipment for energy exploration includes oil and gas platforms and pump jacks.
- Midstream process and storage workers who use pipelines and trucks to transfer the oil and gas.
- Downstream workers who use refining and purifying equipment to:
- Refine crude oil gasoline, naphtha, kerosene, and diesel oil
- Process natural gas using “multiple chemical reactions to create various end products including ethane, propane, and butane.”
We advocate for employees who have injuries that eventually heal enough so they can return to work, and those who have a partial or full permanent disability. We also advocate for families when a worker tragically dies due to an oil or gas workplace accident.
What are the different kinds of oil and gas industry accidents?
Common oil and gas accidents that cause injuries requiring loss of time from work and medical care include:
- Fires and explosions. Oil is very flammable. Once an oilfield fire starts, it can be very difficult to extinguish.
- Collapsed oil rigs. Workers can be crushed or killed if an oil rig collapses.
- Blowouts. Underground reservoir pressure can force energy above ground, causing serious injuries.
- Pipeline accidents. These accidents can cause explosions and hazardous spills.
- Truck accidents. The vehicles used to transport equipment, energy, and supplies can cause catastrophic and permanent injuries.
- Falls. Workers who fall from derricks may be severely injured or die.
Oil and gas industry employers must also comply with OSHA regulations.
Some of the many oil and gas energy companies in and near Houston include:
- National Oilwell Varco
- Exxon Mobil
What types of oil and gas injuries do you handle?
Our Houston oil and gas workers’ compensation lawyers handle all types of energy development and distribution accident injuries. We review your injuries, the medical help you’ll need, your inability to work, and other issues with your treating doctors and our network of doctors, if necessary.
Common oil and gas injuries:
- Crush injuries. These injuries include spinal cord damage, internal organ damage, and broken bones.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Blast injuries, truck accidents, and other trauma can cause these injuries, which often require a lifetime of care for physical pain, cognitive damage, and emotional harm.
- Traumatic amputation/loss of limb. Victims often require surgery, prosthetics, physical therapy, and psychological help.
- Fractures/broken bones. We represent victims with simple, compound, complex, and multiple bone fractures.
- Third-degree burn injuries. Oil and gas injuries often involve burns, which require surgery, skin grafts, plastic surgery, and psychological care.
- Exposure to dangerous toxins. Oil and gas extraction workers can be exposed to dangerous chemicals through breathing or when the chemicals come into contact with the skin. Respiratory and skin disorders are common consequences.
Other oil and gas injuries can include soft tissue injuries, vision loss, hearing loss, neck and back injuries, PTSD, and other injuries.
Can a file a personal injury claim if I’m injured at work in Houston?
If your employer does not offer work comp benefits, then a personal injury lawsuit may be your best option if you sustain injuries at your worksite.
In Texas, you can seek damages for your past and future lost wages and earning capacity, past and future medical expenses, and even your past and future pain and suffering when you are injured because of someone else’s negligence. Our Houston oil and gas injury lawyers want to help you find the best possible path forward.
Do you have an oil and gas industry injury lawyer near me?
Kishinevsky Law Firm meets clients at our Houston office located at 13831 Northwest Fwy, Suite 312. You should have no problem finding a parking spot. You can also reach us by bus. We discuss claims with ill clients at their homes, a healthcare facility, by telephone, or by Zoom. We’re here to help you now.
Our Houston oil and gas industry accident lawyers will explain your rights, answer all your questions, and clearly guide you through the claims process.
Talk to an experienced oil and gas injury lawyer in Houston now
Don’t rely on your employer to protect your rights. Your right to benefits may only be protected by filing a claim or lawsuit. At Kishinevsky Law Firm, our Houston injury lawyers will promptly file your claim, work with your doctors to maximize your health, and contest any efforts by your employer to deny or limit your claim. We’ll fight for every dollar you deserve. To schedule a free consultation, call us today or use our contact form to schedule a consultation. We’re ready to help you today.