Leonid “Leo” Kishinevsky was born in Russia and immigrated to Houston, Texas with his family as a young boy shortly before the fall of the Soviet Union. The experience of starting a new life in America taught Mr. Kishinevsky many important life lessons about hard work, determination, and the fundamental notions of fairness and equality that are essential to the American way of life.
After completing high school in Houston, Mr. Kishinevsky attended college at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend Indiana, graduating with a BBA in Marketing and a BA in Political Science. He then attended law school at the Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, where he received his JD in 2009.
After becoming licensed to practice law in Texas in 2009, Mr. Kishinevsky began his legal career in criminal defense, where he gained valuable trial experience. Mr. Kishinevsky then transitioned into civil litigation, working for several established Houston firms representing clients in a variety of contexts including personal injury lawsuits, first-party insurance lawsuits, and business litigation matters.
In April 2015, Mr. Kishinevsky started the Kishinevsky Law Firm, focusing his practice primarily on personal injury litigation. Providing representation to clients throughout the greater Houston area, he assists people who have suffered economic and noneconomic losses and harms due to the fault of other people or companies. His cases have included motor vehicle collisions, truck and tractor-trailer accidents, pedestrian accidents, workplace injuries not covered by workers' compensation insurance, negligent security, defective products, and injury claims against governmental entities. Mr. Kishinevsky also represents policyholders whose claims have been denied in bad faith by their insurance companies in first-party insurance litigation and in his business law practice, Mr. Kishinevsky represents individuals and companies in business-related civil litigation.
- J.D., Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 2009
- B.A. in Political Science, University of Notre Dame, 2006
- B.A. in Marketing, University of Notre Dame, 2006
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Texas, 2009
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2011
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas, 2020
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2017
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Houston Bar Association, Member, 2018-present
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2018-present
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member, 2017-present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2013-present
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 2009-present
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2019-present
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff, 2017-present
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2017-present
- America's Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys, Southern Texas, 2019--present
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, Southern Texas, 2021-present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member, Admitted 2021
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member, Admitted 2021
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Fellow, 2019-present
- Second Largest Jury Verdict for Workplace Safety in Texas, 2014, Verdict Search Magazine
- Stone v. Acad., Ltd. 156 F. Supp. 3d 840 (S. D. Tex. Houston January 12, 2016) (Counsel for Plaintiff Helen Stone)
- LFMC Enters., LLC v. Baker, 546 SW 3d 893 (Tex. App.- Houston [1st Dist.] 2018, pet. denied) (Counsel for Appellant Gary Baker)